When getting ready for the day, I like to follow the “rule of three.” It’s a concept that makes looking put together a lot simpler and cut your dressing time in half in my own opinion. The “rule of three” basically consists of 1 top, 1 bottom, and 1 accessory piece (jacket, hat, scarf, etc.) The third piece of your outfit just completes the look, and it makes sense. It takes an outfit that falls flat, to an outfit that stands out!
Here are some of my favorite “3rd pieces” as of late!
Moto Jacket | White Vest | Leather Jacket | Necklace | Sun Hat | Scarf | Belt | Kimono
While I practiced Frugal February as best as I could, I tried so many new things this month that I have fallen in love with! So lets get into it!
- Lush Dark Angels Cleanser is a new obsession! It really pulls out all the dirt and leaves your skin feeling amazingly soft!
- Initial Necklace is the perfect, delicate addition to layer with statement pieces!
- Maybelline BB Cream provides coverage without the heavy appearance of a foundation–great for Spring!
- Ladies “Man” Bun! I mean, it’s relaxed and edgy without going overboard! And you can dress it up with some teasing or dress it down as shown!
- Becca Highlighter will give you the most beautiful glow making your skin look fresh!
- Midi rings are a trend I never thought I would love. But to be honest they make your fingers look long and highlights your polish! These midi rings from Kendra Scott are a great set to start your collection!
- Blanc by Essie is a great way to brighten up your style. I’ve always preferred lighter nail colors and this one is as light and bright as it gets!
- My final and probably most favorite is the fishtail crown braid! I’ve been following Amber Fillerup on youtube for a long time now and she will make you fall in love with this style as well! This hairstyle has tons of texture to work with your winter style but looks soft and whimsical enough to transition into spring!
So it’s the new year and I already have my eyes set on some select items that sparkle + shine! Jewelry can make or break an outfit + it’s always a good idea to collect those pieces that will look great not only now, but down the road as well. Here are a few of the jewels that I will be sure to purchase this year!
Kendra Scott ‘Morgan’ Stud Earring $55
Kendra Scott Catherine Necklace in Iridescent Drusy $65
Bauble Bar Gold Tassel Bracelet $34
Anthropologie Archer’s Arrow Necklace $48
ILY Couture Coin Necklace $26
David Yurman ‘X Crossover’ Ring $295
Out of all the colors in the world, purple is definitely my top pick as a favorite! It doesn’t matter which hue it may be, I’m bound to love it automatically. With Fall weather approaching rapidly, my favorite hue of purple is about to be everywhere! Plum to me, is the perfect shade. It looks great on basically any skin tone, it feels romantic, looks chic yet still warm and cozy! Check out some of my top favorite times featured in this lovely shade!