If there is anything I am really passionate about, it is my skin and taking care of it! As a natural redhead, I have pale, sensitive skin that needs extra TLC. Unfortunately, when I was in high school & college I didn’t have those same thoughts. My goal was getting as tan as possible (shockingly, I can get a lot of color for a redhead…), whether it was laying on the beach for hours, covered in oil by the pool, or in the tanning bed (not a proud moment and never happening again!)
Now, I’ve grown up and realized my health is more important than having a darker glow. Mario Badescu, Josie Maren, and St. Tropez are my favorites for getting my skin in shape, and just how I like it! Mario Badescu is fresh and soothing for my sensitive skin but gets the job done! I see an improvement with every use! After washing my face, I can feel pretty dry due to my sensitivity, that’s where Josie Maren comes in. I love love love her Light Argon Oil! I put it all over my face before I go to bed, and mix it with a matte foundation during the day! It gives me a natural dewy look that is perfect for Spring & Summer!
To finish it off, since we are getting back into those pool and beach days, if the rain ever stops, I still like to have a nice glow! Usually 1-2 times a month I will go get a spray tan as it looks more even and it doesn’t rub off on my clothes. Then I will use the St. Tropez Bronzing Mouse between visits to keep up the color. It has a natural, brown hue, instead of the orange tint like most and it goes on easy with the mit!
| Photo by Anthro_Charlottesville on Instagram|
Recently I have been getting a bunch of inquiries about how I get my hair so thick and voluminous. Now I have to say, my DNA is a big factor! I have extremely thick, naturally curly hair so that really helps with all that volume (Thanks Mom + Dad!). However there are some products I’ve found that help keep my hair super healthy and strong so I can play with new hairstyles and make them bigger/thicker than the ones before!
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
1. Lets start from the beginning! The shampoo + conditioner that I am a die hard for is Clear Haircare. It really helps to nourish the my scalp and make my hair strong from the root, and that also helps to give it more lift!
2. To help keep any frizz away without weighing my hair down, I use Josie Maran Argon Oil. Y’all know that this is one of my favorite beauty products, I use it for everything. It smooths and gives a really beautiful shine!
3. Before I dry my hair, I like to use a primer. Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer is the best in my opinion. Within the last few months, I been trying to stay away from my flat iron and this product has really helped! It allows me to blow dry my hair straight giving the perfect blowout without touching the flat iron! And since I’m now straightening my hair, my wand curls are more defined and last much longer!
4. Speaking of hair dryers, my Conair Infiniti Pro (this is a similar one as mine is sold out) is one of the best I’ve ever used! I’ve purchased some pretty expensive hair dryers in my time but a majority of them have really damaged my hair. This one was only $45 and it cut my dry time in half, which means less time under the heat, + that means less breakage!
5. To help give my braids more texture and depth, I use the Kenra Platinum Texture Spray 6. It not only gives more shape and thickness to my braids, but it also helps with hold when I pull them apart!
6. Anther Kenra Product I love is the Fast-Dry Hairspray 8. I don’t like using a ton of hairspray because I think it makes my hair too stiff + dries my hair out, but this stuff is gold!
Hello again, long time no post! But I have a very good reason as I was on a family vacation and decided to take a little break from posts and spend as much time with them as possible and in doing so, I left my computer at home! But now I’m back and ready to share some of the many things I have been loving in this blur of a month (Seriously…where did August come from?)
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7
1. I don’t think there is anything I have been loving more this summer than the perfect pair of denim shorts and these festival high-rise from AEO are just that! Not to mention I am in love with the decorative blue eyelet lace pockets details!
2. This song was playing on repeat on my playlist while I was at the beach this past week! It gives you the perfect mix between, “I want to relax” & “I want to rave!”
3. Exfoliators are pretty much my favorite things on earth! I’m always looking for a new one to give my skin that little oomph! The girl at Sephora definitely ran with my obsession with Josie Maren products and convinced me to try out this interesting powder exfoliator that works wonders!
4. My second favorite thing on earth are masks and this one is an oldie but goodie! When it comes to cleaning out all the toxins from your skin, there really isn’t anything better!
5. Another fashion item I can’t get enough of are lace up sandals! I have been wearing these ones all over the place and I even went ahead and bought a black pair for work!
6. I decided to stray away from my usual St. Tropez and Loving Tan. Don’t ask me why, I just had a feeling that I needed to! I’m glad I did because I found this beauty that is super nourishing for my skin but also gives me a great glow without the damage!
7. Surprise, surprise, a Victoria’s Secret item made the list! I was CRAZY excited in our associate meeting when the first told us about the brand new body care line and even more excited when I got my samples! This collection is amazing and I especially love the scrub and lotion! AND they are $8 right now!
While the winter time is so beautiful with the sparkling lights, holiday decor, and parties it is definitely not so pretty on your skin! When it comes to taking care of my own skin during this harsh time of the year, I’ve found some products that I truly can’t live without! These products give my skin the extra boost of moisture that it really needs without making it go completely crazy!
My all time favorite brand is Mario Badescu! It is so gentle and refreshing while still removing all the dirt that has piled up on your skin throughout the day! My favorite items from their collection are the rose water spray (smells just like roses, so good!) and the drying lotion. The rose water can be applied anytime of day, especially if your feeling on the dry side. It really just refreshes your skin. The drying lotion really helps with any redness or breakouts that might occur with the climate change. Wear it overnight and all your problem areas will be erased, its amazing!
My next favorite is the Josie Maran Argan Oil! This stuff is life changing and can be used in so many ways! You can put it in your hair for an overnight treatment, use on your face to heal any dry or cracked skin, or drop some in your bath for a full body treatment! I prefer to use this at night so that I don’t look greasy during the day!
The Aveeno Positively Radiant Collection is perfect for the daytime! It keeps your face moisturized all day long without creating a shiny look or clogging your pours!
I am a huge supporter of exfoliating all the time! I don’t feel like anything is getting clean unless I do it every night. And the Lush Sea Salt Scrub is the best! It’s all natural and gets all in there to make sure your skin is clean and fresh at all times! The color and smell is also really nice!
Last but not least, is my ride or die, Carmex lip balm! I collect this stuff! I have drawer in my desk dedicated to at least 75 of these things! If you haven’t tried this, you really need to ASAP! It’s also super affordable and you can find it anywhere!