If you’re like me, then you’re probably in panic mode right now realizing the weather is warming up and swim suit season is coming! For the most part, I try to eat as healthy as possible as well as staying active throughout the day. And like most individuals, I tend to slack on both of those during the winter, also known as the holiday season!
But now that spring has crept its way back to us, I find myself pushing myself a little harder during workouts and and trying my hardest to not indulge in the foods that make my cravings happy! With that said, I sometimes can feel myself feeling tired & low on energy. So I’ve put together some of my favorite “Power Snacks” that keep me satisfied throughout the day and prep me for my afternoon workout!
1. BANANAS & PEANUT BUTTER | These have been my favorite snack since the very first time I had them as a baby! They provide the perfect amount of sweetness, the good kind of sugar, and the all natural peanut butter provides protein to keep your energy up!
2. FRUIT SMOOTHIE | I prefer smoothies to juices because the fill me up more and give a lot more energy in my opinion. My go to right now is peaches, bananas, kale, spinach, chia seeds, and water and it tastes delicious!
3. BELL PEPPERS & HUMMUS | This is a quick last minute snack that I like to keep with me incase I didn’t have time to make the best lunch during my morning schedule. All you have to do to prep is slice the peppers, hummus containers come in travel sizes with makes my life a lot easier.
4. DARK CHOCOLATE ALMONDS | I think the biggest struggle a lot of people have when trying to eat healthy are the sweets cravings. This snack helps maintain those cravings with the dark chocolate, which is good for your heart when consumed in moderation!
5. AVOCADO TOAST | Another quick and easy snack that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Just sprinkle with pepper and it’s good to go!